Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation server has not received a heartbeat from this host for more than 3 minutes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am not getting the ganglia metrics on Ambari dashboard for any service.
    All services are running fine and are green in color.
    When I click on any server node(under any service), it shows yellow round icon saying that “server has not received a heartbeat from this host for more than 3 minutes” .

Please let me know which may cause this issue and the respective resolution. Please help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

It is not showing immediately.
    It takes some time to populate the graphs.

Sasha

Collapse

It’s one node cluster at my local. I have setup master and slaves on single host at my local centos6 virtual machine.
    It’s working now as I had to restart all the services again and then it took approx 2-3 hrs to reflect the metric data .
    I do not understand why it took time to show metrics on Ambari dashboard but same metrics were displayed through ambari’s ganglia web UI in seconds after restart of services. Does Ambari impose some overhead to aggregate the data from ganglia services or how does it work?

Collapse

Sasha J

Try to check time synchronization between the nodes.
    Any error messages in ambari server log file?

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

I have restarted all the services again and it turned server node round icon to green color now. But issue is still same and I am not able to see the metrics on dashboard. I have to navigate to ganglia web UI to see the metrics but why it is not displaying in the widgets on ambari UI dashboard under any service.??

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)