Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Services not starting on HDP/EC2 small instance

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kenny Zhang 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Anupam Gupta
    Participant

Hello,

I installed HDP on EC2 small instance with 50GB of EBS. The services shut down automatically. I recently got this stdout:

notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Initialize/Configgenerator::Configfile[hdfs-site]/File[/etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml]/content: content changed ‘{md5}a731b71ac73ee7177ae8f599d59a6f7f’ to ‘{md5}b7c52afd6667d5e2a684225010332306′
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hadoop::Initialize/Configgenerator::Configfile[core-site]/File[/etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml]/content: content changed ‘{md5}ca7d9446e1cc29d2db9bbf05d7edd53c’ to ‘{md5}5c4c3bad5e8811027e4ca92488bedf1f’
    notice: /Stage[main]/Hdp-hadoop/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-properties[log4j.properties]/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-property[nameambari.jobhistory.passwordvaluemapred]/Hdp::Exec[sed -i 's~\(###\)\?ambari.jobhistory.password=.*~ambari.jobhistory.password=mapred~' /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties]/Exec[sed -i 's~\(###\)\?ambari.jobhistory.password=.*~ambari.jobhistory.password=mapred~' /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[main]/Hdp-hadoop/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-properties[log4j.properties]/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-property[namelog4j.appender.JHAvalueorg.apache.ambari.log4j.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryAppender]/Hdp::Exec[sed -i 's~\(###\)\?log4j.appender.JHA=.*~log4j.appender.JHA=org.apache.ambari.log4j.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryAppender~' /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties]/Exec[sed -i 's~\(###\)\?log4j.appender.JHA=.*~log4j.appender.JHA=org.apache.ambari.log4j.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryAppender~' /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[main]/Hdp-hadoop/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-properties[log4j.properties]/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-property[namelog4j.appender.JHA.drivervalue${ambari.jobhistory.driver}]/Hdp::Exec[sed -i 's~\(###\)\?log4j.appender.JHA.driver=.*~log4j.appender.JHA.driver=${ambari.jobhistory.driver}~' /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties]/Exec[sed -i 's~\(###\)\?log4j.appender.JHA.driver=.*~log4j.appender.JHA.driver=${ambari.jobhistory.driver}~' /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[main]/Hdp-hadoop/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-properties[log4j.properties]/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-property[nameambari.jobhistory.loggervalueDEBUG,JHA]/Hdp::Exec[sed -i 's~\(###\)\?ambari.jobhistory.logger=.*~ambari.jobhistory.logger=DEBUG,JHA~' /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties]/Exec[sed -i 's~\(###\)\?ambari.jobhistory.logger=.*~ambari.jobhistory.logger=DEBUG,JHA~' /etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[main]/Hdp-hadoop/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-properties[log4j.properties]/Hdp-hadoop::Update-log4j-property[nameambari.jobhistory.databasevaluejdbc:postgresql://ip-10-73-172-21.ec2.internal/ambarirca]/Hdp::Exec[sed -i ‘s~\(###\)\?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Kenny Zhang

Hi Anupam,

Could you please let me know what version of HDP you’re using? Which services you mentioned are shutdown automatically? Could you please share any error mesage found in ambari-server logs here, which usually locates at /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log?

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)