Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Set up 2 node cluster using HDP

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vidy G 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Vidy G
    Participant

I am trying to set up a two node cluster using HDP 2.0 sandbox. I believe we need to use two different VM or physical machines to set up a 2 node cluster. Is it correct?

I set up a HDP sandbox VM and cloned it to create a second VM. I enabled Ambari in sandbox 1 to configure the sandbox2 as the second node in the cluster. But Ambari failed to register the second sandbox. The log file said issues with host name. I tried to modify host-name of second VM with no luck. Has anyone tried this before? If so what will be a simple way of setting up a 2 node cluster of HDP ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Vidy G
    Participant

My actual question is “Does that mean I can set up a 2-node cluster of HDP 2.x (via Ambari) on a single HDP sandbox VM ?”

Collapse

Vidy G
    Participant

Thanks for the response Dave. Does that mean I can set up a 2-node cluster of HDP 2.x via Ambari ?
    I don;t see any specific instructions on that in Ambari configuration help page. Could you please point me to the right documentation?

Collapse

Jem Matriano
    Participant

Hi Vidy,

Try ro check the ip-address and mac-address of you cloned vm.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Vidy,

You should build a 2 node cluster using Ambari.
    Trying to connect 2 sandboxes together is not recommended as they contain ALL HDP components.
    Sandbox is designed to work as a standalone test system.

Please review the ambari install documentation on how to setup a 2 node cluster – it will be quicker than trying to get the 2 sandboxes working – even if it is possible as Ambari is configured on both.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)