The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

SHA1 digest of file **.vmdk does not match manifest

anirudh kala

Hi I have downloaded the OVA file (Hortonworks Sandbox 1.3 VMware RC6) and the vmware (VMware-player-5.0.2-103176) but while importing it gives me the error -Failed to open virtual machine: SHA1 digest of file Hortonworks-Sandbox-1.3-VMware-disk1.vmdk does not match manifest.

Please pardon my naivety with virtualization , I am not savy with .ova or .ovx files..

Regards
    Anirudh

• Author
    Replies
    Sasha J

Most likely your file was corrupted during download…
    Re-download it again and it should be OK.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Anki Reddy
    Participant

I am getting the following error when i am trying to import the .ova file into VMware player .

Failed to open virtual machine: SHA1 digest of file Hortonworks_Sandbox_2.0_VMware-disk1.vmdk does not match manifest.

Please help….

Wilma Lam
    Participant

I’m getting the same error with the new Sandbox HDP 2.2 and VMware Player 7. “SHA1 digest of file HDP_2.2_VMware_RC12-disk1.vmdk does not match manifest.” I have a Windows 7 OS.

Sandbox dl: Sandbox_HDP_2.2_VMware.ova

Sandbox HDP 2.1 VM opens up but I’m having issues opening the sandbox from the command line and the website. (ssh root@<whatever IP address is provided> port 2222 connection refused). I can give more details if needed. It’d be great if someone could help out with this. Thank you!

The forum ‘Hortonworks Sandbox’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.