Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Snappy Install Failed

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Modus Sphere

I am having a problem install the snappy compression utilities. the Install is not able to find the proper .rpm files. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? See the output below.

[root@server yum.repos.d]# yum install snappy snappy-devel
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirror.symnds.com
    * extras: mirrors.rit.edu
    * updates: mirrors.advancedhosters.com
    Setting up Install Process
    Resolving Dependencies
    –> Running transaction check
    —> Package snappy.x86_64 0:1.0.5-1.el5 will be installed
    —> Package snappy-devel.x86_64 0:1.0.5-1.el5 will be installed
    –> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

===================================================================================================================================
    Package Arch Version Repository Size
    ===================================================================================================================================
    Installing:
    snappy x86_64 1.0.5-1.el5 HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15 37 k
    snappy-devel x86_64 1.0.5-1.el5 HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15 13 k

Transaction Summary
    Install 2 Package(s)

Total download size: 50 k
    Installed size: 110 k
    Is this ok [y/N]: y
    Downloading Packages:
    http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15/repos/centos6/snappy/snappy-1.0.5-1.el5.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 404″
    Trying other mirror.
    http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15/repos/centos6/snappy/snappy-devel-1.0.5-1.el5.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 – “The requested URL returned error: 404″
    Trying other mirror.

Error Downloading Packages:
    snappy-devel-1.0.5-1.el5.x86_64: failure: snappy/snappy-devel-1.0.5-1.el5.x86_64.rpm from HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
    snappy-1.0.5-1.el5.x86_64: failure: snappy/snappy-1.0.5-1.el5.x86_64.rpm from HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Modus,

Thanks for the following up and letting us know that issue is resolved.

Seth

Collapse

Modus Sphere

Yes it did. I was able to install without issue after running the commands. Thanks Seth.

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Modus

Did Seth’s suggestion work for you?

Larry

Collapse

Modus Sphere

Thank you Seth. Yes we are trying to download the from the repository and the file is not being found. I will give your suggestions a try..

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Modus,

I just tested on my system and I was able to install snappy successfully. I think your issue is that your system tries to download snappy el5 rpm (snappy-1.0.5-1.el5.x86_64.rpm) from centos6 repo (repos/centos6/snappy). Did you try to set up repository for both centos 5 and 6?

You can try to check yum for problems with ‘yum check’, and clean repositories with “yum clean all”.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)