Home Forums Ambari snmp configuration overrides upon starting Hadoop services

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Lavely 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Amalan Jagan

Hi,
    We are using ambari-server-1.2.4.9-1.noarch and upon restarting Hadoop services, its found that the default snmpd.conf is overridden. Can someone help me to understand whether the problem is so as to fix this.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Amalan J

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Michael Lavely
    Participant

I have the same issue. I am running HP tools on the server which relies on SNMP and monitoring the server with solarwinds using snmp. I merge the hadoop snmpd.conf file with the HP snmp file, and all was working. the server was restarted and the snmpd.conf file returned to its prior state. This is problematic as we use HP tools and Solarwinds to monitor our environment.

How do I fix this?

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Amalan,
    Can you describe a little further what the issue is or what you are trying to do? By default, all settings for the components are saved in ambari and hence if the configuration files such as core-site.xml or mapred-site.xml file are modified manually outside of ambari, they will revert back to the original file saved in ambari.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)