Spark Forum

Spark 1.0.1 Tech preview available

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Michael Moss
    Participant

Hi,

I went through the preview instructions and everything worked great. For those who would like to write a java/scala client, which spark-core version should we use via maven? I couldn’t find the jars in the Hortonworks maven repo, is one there? I was getting serialization errors with some of the spark classes when using “org.apache.spark” % “spark-streaming_2.10″ % “1.0.2”. Should I use 1.0.1 from apache?

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0.0:0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Exception failure in TID 3 on host ip-172-31-128-8.ec2.internal: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -6766554341038829528, local class serialVersionUID = 385418487991259089

Best,

-Mike

Vinay Shukla

Mike,

Try using 1.0.1 version of the spark-core since that’s what the TP is build with. When we revise the TP we will make sure to publish the spark-core jar to the HWRK repo.

Please let me know how you make out.

Thanks,
    Vinay

Gary Chia
    Participant

hi

got this error…..please kindly assist

./bin/spark-submit –class org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi –master yarn-cluster –num-executors 3 –driver-memory 512m –executor-memory 512m –executor-cores 1 lib/spark-examples*.jar 10
    14/08/28 16:12:39 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform… using builtin-java classes where applicable
    14/08/28 16:12:41 INFO impl.TimelineClientImpl: Timeline service address: http://HDOP-M.AGT:8188/ws/v1/timeline/
    14/08/28 16:12:41 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at HDOP-M.AGT/10.193.1.71:8050
    14/08/28 16:12:41 INFO yarn.Client: Got Cluster metric info from ApplicationsManager (ASM), number of NodeManagers: 5
    14/08/28 16:12:41 INFO yarn.Client: Queue info … queueName: default, queueCurrentCapacity: 0.0, queueMaxCapacity: 1.0,
    queueApplicationCount = 0, queueChildQueueCount = 0
    14/08/28 16:12:41 INFO yarn.Client: Max mem capabililty of a single resource in this cluster 13824
    14/08/28 16:12:41 INFO yarn.Client: Preparing Local resources
    14/08/28 16:12:41 WARN hdfs.BlockReaderLocal: The short-circuit local reads feature cannot be used because libhadoop cannot be loaded.
    Exception in thread “main” org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=root, access=WRITE, inode=”/user”:hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkFsPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:265)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:251)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:232)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:176)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:5515)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:5497)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkAncestorAccess(FSNamesystem.java:5471)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirsInternal(FSNamesystem.java:3614)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirsInt(FSNamesystem.java:3584)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirs(FSNamesystem.java:3558)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.mkdirs(NameNodeRpcServer.java:760)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.mkdirs(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:558)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:585)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:928)

Daryl
    Participant

I have the same ‘Permission Denied’ exception as Gary. Installed this version of Spark using the steps in the given url on the Master node in a working Ambari HDP 2.1.3 cluster.

Daryl
    Participant

I figured the permissions error out, using this link: http://blog.spryinc.com/2013/06/hdfs-permissions-overcoming-permission.html
    You need to add user ‘root’ to group ‘hdfs’.
    groupadd hdfs
    (This will probably return a notice that the group already exists)
    usermod -a -G supergroup root

Now it runs and returns a link. Unfortunately, when I click the ‘logs’ link it forwards me to a non existing location.

Daryl
    Participant

usermod -a -G supergroup root
    should be:
    usermod -a -G hdfs root

Sorry for spamming, but I can’t seem to edit existing posts.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.