Home Forums HDFS Spill failed / HDP 1.2.2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Liu 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

petri koski

Hello! I got this one:

2013-03-28 09:14:57,486 INFO org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO: Initialized cache for UID to User mapping with a cache timeout of 14400 seconds.
    2013-03-28 09:14:57,486 INFO org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO: Got UserName mapred for UID 498 from the native implementation
    2013-03-28 09:14:57,488 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:root cause:java.io.IOException: Spill failed
    2013-03-28 09:14:57,490 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running child
    java.io.IOException: Spill failed
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$MapOutputBuffer.flush(MapTask.java:1292)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewOutputCollector.close(MapTask.java:699)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:766)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:370)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child$4.run(Child.java:255)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1136)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child.main(Child.java:249)
    Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.util.DiskChecker$DiskErrorException: Could not find any valid local directory for output/spill606.out
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator$AllocatorPerContext.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:381)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:146)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalDirAllocator.getLocalPathForWrite(LocalDirAllocator.java:127)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapOutputFile.getSpillFileForWrite(MapOutputFile.java:121)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$MapOutputBuffer.sortAndSpill(MapTask.java:1392)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$MapOutputBuffer.access$1800(MapTask.java:853)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$MapOutputBuffer$SpillThread.run(MapTask.java:1344)
    2013-03-28 09:14:57,499 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task: Runnning cleanup for the task

I checked from Ambari that Node where that task was running got enough space on HardDisk,, Hadoop is installed using Ambari, and cluster is working fine, until I got this “Spill Failed”. My task was loading over 3 million webpages and have ran for 6-7 hours and then “Spill Failed”. Before that I got “Reduce input limit” -error, which I changed to “-1″, and now this Spill Failed .. Any help would be nice!

Happy Eastern! (Seems that I am spending my eastern with bunnies and Hadoop .. :/ )

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Spill failed / HDP 1.2.2’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Larry Liu

Hi, Petri

You could also try to rebalance hdfs before you make any changes to the configuration.

The command is
    hadoop balancer

Run it as hdfs user.

Larry

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Petri

Can you please let me know what entry you tried to put into custom config via ambari?

To answer your question, Ambari doesn’t take any changes made directly in mapred-site.xml.

Larry

Collapse

petri koski

Ok, I got a clue:

My Mapred Local Dir in one node which fails are mounted to HD where is only 88GB free. Other nodes have over 300GBs. How to add one more Mapred.local dir to MapReduce configs ? I tried to add “custom config” via Ambari, but no luck .. It complains my given local dirs are not good. Can I edit mapred-site.xml directly or is there some special way to add new mapred.local.dir to configs ?

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)