Home Forums Hive / HCatalog SQLSTATE: HY000[Hortonworks][Hardy] (34) Error from Hive: ETIMEDOUT.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Salih Osman 16 hours, 20 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Phaneendra Subnivis
    Participant

Hi,

I am unable to connect to the hive server from my client. I had tried restarting the Hive service, and still it is not connecting. However, I am able to see entires in log as mentioned below:

SessionStart SESSION_ID=”Name” TIME=”Time”

Please help me in resolving the issue.

REgards,
    Phaneendra

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Salih Osman
    Participant

I have resolved the problem for “connect to Hortonworks Hive table via ODBC”. I entered localhost ip: 127.0.0.1, user name (hue) with no password, port (10000), I got successful connection to database from (ODBC adiministrator console on my Windows 7 machine.”

However, I got in anoher problem when I tried to read my Hive table in “SAP Hana InfiniteInsight “. I tried to view the data in SAP, I got the following error message” error 4000 Compiling Statement:”Failed : HiveAccessControlException Persmission”.
    I tried “Hive command GRANT from Hive Council on the HDP 2.1 Sandbox and granted Hue SELECT to the table”. Still getting same message.

Please, provide your input to this. I need urgent Help!. I’m optimistic we will get a fix.
    Osman

Collapse

Salih Osman
    Participant

I have same issue trying to connect to Hortonworks via ODBC. getting same exact message. The ODBC driver works fine with MYSQL, Excel, and other databases on my machine.

Mr. Phaneendra Subnivis: Can you tell me how did you resolve it by updating the driver. Which driver, is it the ODBC driver? and where to get it?
    Thanks!
    Osman

Collapse

Sagar Prasad
    Participant

Even I am facing the same issue ODBC connection to HDP 2.1. Followed so many issues blog and tried with different user
    hive / hadoop / hue on different port 10000 & 10001 but still no luck.

Mostly on 10000 port i am getting timedout error
    Driver Version: V1.4.8.1008

Running connectivity tests…

Attempting connection
    Failed to establish connection
    SQLSTATE: HY000[Hortonworks][HiveODBC] (34) Error from Hive: ETIMEDOUT.

TESTS COMPLETED WITH ERROR.

and with 10001
    Driver Version: V1.4.8.1008

Running connectivity tests…

Attempting connection
    SQLSTATE: HY000[Hortonworks][HiveODBC] (34) Error from Hive: No more data to read..

Any help !!

@Phaneendra – what was the driver issue you faced ?

Collapse

Phaneendra Subnivis
    Participant

Hi,

The issue is resolved. There was issue with the driver I was using. Thanks for helping.

Regards,
    Phaneendra.

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Abacus,

what is your hiveserver2 authentication hive.server2.authentication and hive.server2.enabled.doAs ?
    Also is hiveserver2 reachable from the host where you run odbc driver? Have you tested connectivity to hiveserver2 from a beeline client?

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse

Abacus Dev

its HDP2.0….
    we are configuring it for hiveserver 2 .
    host: 127.0.0.1
    port: 10000
    hiveserver2
    authentication mechanism: username
    Username: hue

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Abacus,

Can you give more details about the cluster, is it HDP1.3 or HDP2.0? and did you configure odbc driver to use hiveserver1 or hiveserver2? what kind of authentication, etc?

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse

Abacus Dev

Hi,
    I am unable to connect to hive server using odbc driver.
    i am getting this error
    SQLSTATE: HY000[Hortonworks][Hardy] (34) Error from Hive: connect() failed: errno = 10060.

Please help .i am stuck

Collapse

tedr

Hi Phaneendra,

To get Excel to connect to Hive on your cluster you’ll also need to download the ODBC connector from our site at http://hortonworks.com/download/download-archives/ look toward the bottom of the page for the ODBC driver.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Phaneendra Subnivis
    Participant

Hi Seth,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Single cluster node which is serving as name and data node by itself. I am using the Latest HDInsight release downloaded from Hortonworks which was announced on May 21 2013. I was able to successfully set up the cluster. and able to start working with the node. I was able to upload a file into the cluster and then imported that data into a hive table. Now, I am trying to connect from my Windows 7 client which has Excel 2013 and generate a report by retrieving data from the hive database. This is where I am getting this issue.

Hope this gives the required information. Please let me know if you need any further details and help me in resolving the issue.

Regards,
    Phaneendra

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Phaneendra,

Can you please let us know how your HDP cluster was installed? Also, please make sure that client node has all required software installed. Also, please make sure that hive-site.xml has the same configurations on both client and server.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)