Home Forums Sqoop Sqoop Issue: Import table from MSSQL (using windows authentication) to Hive

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yi Zhang 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Chiew Yea Kuek
    Participant

Hi All,

I need helps from you guys as currently I am having issue in importing the table from MSSQL into Hive using Sqoop. The sqoop command I used was “sqoop import –connect ‘jdbc:sqlserver://172.16.105.12\MSSQL2008R2;database=TestDW;integratedSecurity=true;’ –table customer -m 1 –hive-import”. However, I got the below exception:

WARNING: Failed to load the sqljdbc_auth.dll cause : no sqljdbc_auth in java.library.path
    13/07/22 17:49:21 ERROR manager.SqlManager: Error executing statement: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:fab8ea67-c7e8-4601-9400-eedd21ac573e
    com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:fab8ea67-c7e8-4601-9400-eedd21ac573e
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1667)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.AuthenticationJNI.(AuthenticationJNI.java:60)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:2229)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$000(SQLServerConnection.java:41)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:2220)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:5696)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1715)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1326)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012)

I am having issue when using windows authentication, do anyone of you have any clue on the above exception? Where can i set the java.library.path? For your information, I had set the path in Unix environment to include sqljdbc_auth.dll and I had copied sqljdbc_auth.dll to java jre bin folder, but it still hit the same error.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Regards,
    CYea

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Sqoop Issue: Import table from MSSQL (using windows authentication) to Hive’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Yi Zhang

Hi Chiew,

Can you run ‘sqoop import ‘ without the ‘–hive-import’ option to see if data can be imported into HDFS first?
    or try ‘sqoop hive-create-table’ to see if table can be created? This way we can isolate it down to which step in hive-import it breaks.

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)