Oozie Forum

Sqoop job through oozie

Colman Madden

I have created a sqoop job called TeamMemsImportJob which basically pulls data from sql server into hive.
    I can execute the sqoop job through the unix command line by running the following command:

sqoop job –exec TeamMemsImportJob

If I create an oozie job with the actual scoop import command in it, it runs through fine.
    However if I create the oozie job and run the sqoop job through it, I get the following error:

oozie job -config TeamMemsImportJob.properties -run

>>> Invoking Sqoop command line now >>>

4273 [main] WARN org.apache.sqoop.tool.SqoopTool – $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.
    4329 [main] INFO org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop – Running Sqoop version:
    5172 [main] ERROR org.apache.sqoop.metastore.hsqldb.HsqldbJobStorage – Cannot restore job: TeamMemsImportJob
    5172 [main] ERROR org.apache.sqoop.metastore.hsqldb.HsqldbJobStorage – (No such job)
    5172 [main] ERROR org.apache.sqoop.tool.JobTool – I/O error performing job operation: java.io.IOException: Cannot restore missing job TeamMemsImportJob
    at org.apache.sqoop.metastore.hsqldb.HsqldbJobStorage.read(HsqldbJobStorage.java:256)
    at org.apache.sqoop.tool.JobTool.execJob(JobTool.java:198)

it looks as if it cannot find the job. However I can see the job as below

[root@sandbox ~]# sqoop job –list
    Warning: /usr/lib/sqoop/../accumulo does not exist! Accumulo imports will fail.
    Please set $ACCUMULO_HOME to the root of your Accumulo installation.
    14/06/25 08:12:08 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version:
    Available jobs:

Can someone please help me out with this?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Daro Sdf

Have you found solution ? because i have the same problem.

Aparna Nayak

I have executed sqoop import tables from sql server to hdfs and vice versa. How I can schedule the same with oozie? Do I get step by step procedure anywhere?

Diwakar Dhanuskodi

Did you try out the sqoop sample code availabe in oozie example directories.

Aparna Nayak

Hello Diwakar,
    Thank you for your response. I tried that. Beginning I did not get any examples. Later I found.

The metastore for sqoop is hsqldb. Your hsqldb is started locally where sqoop runs. You have to start it remotley so that it is accessible across the cluster. Sqoop-sit.xml needs changes.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.