Home Forums Oozie Sqoop job through oozie

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bijoy Kumar Khandelwal 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Colman Madden
    Participant

I have created a sqoop job called TeamMemsImportJob which basically pulls data from sql server into hive.
    I can execute the sqoop job through the unix command line by running the following command:

sqoop job –exec TeamMemsImportJob

If I create an oozie job with the actual scoop import command in it, it runs through fine.
    However if I create the oozie job and run the sqoop job through it, I get the following error:

oozie job -config TeamMemsImportJob.properties -run

>>> Invoking Sqoop command line now >>>

4273 [main] WARN org.apache.sqoop.tool.SqoopTool – $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.
    4329 [main] INFO org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop – Running Sqoop version: 1.4.4.2.1.1.0-385
    5172 [main] ERROR org.apache.sqoop.metastore.hsqldb.HsqldbJobStorage – Cannot restore job: TeamMemsImportJob
    5172 [main] ERROR org.apache.sqoop.metastore.hsqldb.HsqldbJobStorage – (No such job)
    5172 [main] ERROR org.apache.sqoop.tool.JobTool – I/O error performing job operation: java.io.IOException: Cannot restore missing job TeamMemsImportJob
    at org.apache.sqoop.metastore.hsqldb.HsqldbJobStorage.read(HsqldbJobStorage.java:256)
    at org.apache.sqoop.tool.JobTool.execJob(JobTool.java:198)

it looks as if it cannot find the job. However I can see the job as below

[root@sandbox ~]# sqoop job –list
    Warning: /usr/lib/sqoop/../accumulo does not exist! Accumulo imports will fail.
    Please set $ACCUMULO_HOME to the root of your Accumulo installation.
    14/06/25 08:12:08 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.4.2.1.1.0-385
    Available jobs:
    TeamMemsImportJob

Can someone please help me out with this?

Thanks,
    Colman

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

The metastore for sqoop is hsqldb. Your hsqldb is started locally where sqoop runs. You have to start it remotley so that it is accessible across the cluster. Sqoop-sit.xml needs changes.

Collapse

Aparna Nayak
    Participant

Hello Diwakar,
    Thank you for your response. I tried that. Beginning I did not get any examples. Later I found.

Collapse

Diwakar Dhanuskodi
    Participant

Did you try out the sqoop sample code availabe in oozie example directories.

Collapse

Aparna Nayak
    Participant

Hello,
    I have executed sqoop import tables from sql server to hdfs and vice versa. How I can schedule the same with oozie? Do I get step by step procedure anywhere?

Collapse

Daro Sdf
    Participant

Have you found solution ? because i have the same problem.

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)