Home Forums Sqoop Sqoop with sandbox

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Molina 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Charu Pujari

Hi,

Does sqoop and flume work with sandbox? How can you give schema name if importing from oracle? Do you know if its case sensitive?

thanks,
    charu

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sqoop with sandbox’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Robert Molina

Hi Charu,
    You will need to place the driver in SQOOP_HOME/lib which should be /usr/lib/sqoop/lib
    or you can add on to HADOOP_CLASSPATH.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Charu Pujari

Hi Robert,

I tried this but I get runtime exception : could not load db driver class :oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

is there some document explaining how to install this using the CLI? Is there any other way to install except using CLI?

Thanks,
    Charu

Collapse

Charu Pujari

Thanks Robert! I will try this. A step by step guide to connect to oracle and bring in data from oracle/mysql will really help. Do you know if one exists already?

Thanks again.

Charu

Collapse

Robert Molina

Hi Charu,
    The latest sandbox does support sqoop and flume. As far as case sensitive, it is mentioned here:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.3.2/ds_Sqoop/SqoopUserGuide.html#_oracle_case_sensitive_catalog_query_errors

Here is an example sqoop call:
    sqoop import –username SQOOPTEST -P –connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@example.com:1522:BSMD –table sqooptest.test –split-by “id” –hive-import –verbose

I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)