Home Forums Sqoop sqoop write errors

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vineet Rawat 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Vineet Rawat
    Participant

Trying to import data from SQL Server. I am able to connect using list-databases but when try to import the data receive following permission errors.

ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=root, access=WRITE, inode=”/user”:hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkFsPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:265)

What is missing here ? Please advise

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘sqoop write errors’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Vineet Rawat
    Participant

Thanks Mahesh,

I like the way you have explained the root cause. Simple yet very effective.

Thanks for your swift reply.

Collapse

Hi Vineet,

The error states that the HDFS path /user is writable only by HDFS user and not by root.

As the permission is set as 755 for /user. If you want to run the sqoop command as root, you would need to grant write access to root user which would be 757.

I.e. Owner would have read,write,execute access. Group would have read and execute and other users would have read, write and execute.

If you do not want to change the permission for the /user folder, then try running the sqoop command with hdfs user as the user has complete access to the /user hdfs filesystem path.

Hope this helps.

-Mahesh

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)