Home Forums HDP on Windows – Non Installation issues start_local_hdp_services vs start_remote_hdp_services

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Molina 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Manish Sharma
    Participant

Hi All,

Can any one tell me what is the difference between running HDP on local and remote mode, I tried to run HDP in remote mode but it shows me error all time. Could any one please inform me.

Thanks
    MANISH

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert Molina

Hi Manish,
    Did that help?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Robert Molina

Hi Manish,
    I found the following that might help from a different post:

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/install-ok-but-trouble-validating/

The above appears to be due to a Powershell security issue when installing HDP on standalone (non-domain member) Windows servers. There may be a step or two missing in the installation instructions in section 5.5. I added each machine to a domain, set Group Policy for the domain (as directed by section 5.6 and the above issue disappeared. Also, I installed version 1.3 and replicated the behavior.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Manish Sharma
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Thanks for replying, I have HDP cluster like one Master (Name Node),one Secondary Name Node and two slaves. when I am issuing the command start_remote_hdp_services from Master or Name Node HDP server then its showing me error,but according to it should automatically start all remaining HDP clusters but its not happening.

Could you please tell me for this particular situation what I should do ?
    ============================================================================================================================
    0 Master nodes successfully started.
    1 Master nodes failed to start.

PSComputerName Service Message Status
    ————– ——- ——- ——
    Connecting to remote serve…

StartStop-HDPServices : Manually start services on Master nodes then retry full cluster start. Exiting.
    At C:\hdp\hadoop\manage_remote_hdp_services.ps1:187 char:47
    + if ($mode -eq “start”) { StartStop-HDPservices <<<< ($mode) }
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,StartStop-HDPServices
    =============================================================================================================================

Thanks
    MANISH

Collapse

Dave

Hi Manish,

start_remote_hdp_services are the services which you installed on other nodes. For example if you have services installed on Node1 2 and 3. If you run start_local_hdp_services on Node1 then the services installed on Node1 will start. If you run start_remote_hdp_services then the services on Node 2 and 3 will start.
    This is dependent on the configuration of the cluster and configuration of the batch file.

It is not a HDP ‘mode’ as such.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)