The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

HDP on Windows – Other Forum

Starting HDP services with Start-all.cmd

IngEnsi
    Participant

I attempt to start hadoop Services by executing this command <<Start-all.cmd>> because it is recommended to use this command instead of << Start-local-hdp-services>> ,but after few minutes all the processing ( namenode, datanode , resourcemanager and nodemanager) is blocked i never get a message which indicate that the starting process is done successfully.

Then, when I check the Services panel it shows that services are not running, BUT when I do << JPS >> it shows that services are running.

I didn’t really understand what’ is going on !
    Is it a normal behaviour when I run services with Start-all.cmd ?

Please, is there anyone who can explain this behaviour ?

• Author
    Replies
    Robert Molina
    Keymaster

Hi HerArf,
    With the processes running as outputted by JPS, is the cluster operational?

Regards,
    Robert

IngEnsi
    Participant

Hi Robert ,
    yes it shows that the cluster is operational , All Hadoop processes are running.

The forum ‘HDP on Windows – Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.