Hive / HCatalog Forum

Stinger Phase 3 – error

Pramod Sharma

I followed the same steps as mentioned in the document –
    And in the last launching Hive using below command then I am getting the error like below.

-bash-4.1$ hive -hiveconf hive.optimize.tez=true
    2014-05-06 12:30:39,248 INFO [main] Configuration.deprecation ( – mapred.input.dir.recursive is deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.input.dir.recursive
    2014-05-06 12:30:39,267 INFO [main] Configuration.deprecation ( – mapred.max.split.size is deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.maxsize
    2014-05-06 12:30:39,270 INFO [main] Configuration.deprecation ( – mapred.min.split.size is deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.minsize
    2014-05-06 12:30:39,271 INFO [main] Configuration.deprecation ( – mapred.min.split.size.per.rack is deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.minsize.per.rack
    2014-05-06 12:30:39,271 INFO [main] Configuration.deprecation ( – mapred.min.split.size.per.node is deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.minsize.per.node
    2014-05-06 12:30:39,272 INFO [main] Configuration.deprecation ( – mapred.reduce.tasks is deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.job.reduces
    2014-05-06 12:30:39,272 INFO [main] Configuration.deprecation ( – mapred.reduce.tasks.speculative.execution is deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.reduce.speculative

Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/opt/apache-hive-!/
    SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/apache-hive-!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: See for an explanation.
    SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
    Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.Apps.addToEnvironment(Ljava/util/Map;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils.getFrameworkClasspath(
    at org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils.createApplicationSubmissionContext(
    at org.apache.tez.client.TezSession.start(
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(
    at org.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Carter Shanklin

The Stinger Phase 3 tech preview is old at this point, you should use HDP 2.1 directly which has the software out of the box.

Pramod Sharma

Thanks for the reply.

Currently I am using the HDP-2.0.6. I am using the ambari to manage the cluster. Pleaselet me know how to upgrade the HDP-2.0.6 to HDP 2.1using ambari ?

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.