Ambari Forum

Stopping and Stating an instance

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi,

After the Ambari web UI is up, if I stop my ec2 instances, and if I start again, will all the servcies remain as is without any problem ? Can I just log back with the new public DNS f the ambari master ?

Thanks

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi Sushma,

If you stop the instance then you will need to start the ambari-server and agent(s) again. Then you can log into ambari and start the cluster up.

Thanks

Dave

Dave

Hi Sushma,

If you stop the instance then you will need to start the ambari-server and agent(s) again. Then you can log into ambari and start the cluster up.

Thanks

Dave

Dave

Hi Sushma,

Thanks

Dave

Sushma K
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the reply. I just started the web UI using the new public DNS without starting the ambari server again, and it showed all warnings and one slave node was even dead. I will try out your reply.

Thanks .

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.