MapReduce Forum

Streaming Map Reduce Job Fails with Sub Process Error Code 126

Varun Gupta
    Participant

am working with Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 at Windows 8.1. When I try to run a simple map reduce job for word count example, I receive this error. Can someone help me to understand it, where I am going wrong.

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskAttemptListenerImpl: Progress of TaskAttempt attempt_1386191005249_0006_m_000001_0 is : 0.0

2013-12-04 14:00:25,439 FATAL [IPC Server handler 9 on 50142] org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskAttemptListenerImpl:

Task: attempt_1386191005249_0006_m_000000_0 – exited : java.lang.RuntimeException: PipeMapRed.waitOutputThreads(): subprocess failed with code 126

at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRed.waitOutputThreads(PipeMapRed.java:320)
    at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRed.mapRedFinished(PipeMapRed.java:533)
    at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapper.close(PipeMapper.java:130)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:61)
    at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRunner.run(PipeMapRunner.java:34)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:429)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:162)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:157)

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    runeetv

This usually happens if you are not consuming all the input inside your streaming mapper script. Is it possible that your mapper script is exiting before consuming all input? You can try to print some logs to stderr.

Varun Gupta
    Participant

In my scenario, I am only testing basic word count example. Can you please help in how to print to stderr logs?

Helen David

Error 126 is an application runtime error. Usually this error occurs while an application tries to regain the information from a specific DLL file but this file does not exist anymore on your computer.

– Recover missing or deleted DLL File
    – Expand DLL file image from Windows Installation disc
    – Repair Windows Registry with PC Fresher
    – Register again the DLL File
    – Delete Registry entry related to SQL Server
    – Uninstall and reinstall the concerned program

Hope it will works for you. Thanks

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.