Home Forums MapReduce Streaming Map Reduce Job Fails with Sub Process Error Code 126

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Helen David 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Varun Gupta
    Participant

am working with Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 at Windows 8.1. When I try to run a simple map reduce job for word count example, I receive this error. Can someone help me to understand it, where I am going wrong.

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskAttemptListenerImpl: Progress of TaskAttempt attempt_1386191005249_0006_m_000001_0 is : 0.0

2013-12-04 14:00:25,439 FATAL [IPC Server handler 9 on 50142] org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskAttemptListenerImpl:

Task: attempt_1386191005249_0006_m_000000_0 – exited : java.lang.RuntimeException: PipeMapRed.waitOutputThreads(): subprocess failed with code 126

at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRed.waitOutputThreads(PipeMapRed.java:320)
    at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRed.mapRedFinished(PipeMapRed.java:533)
    at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapper.close(PipeMapper.java:130)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:61)
    at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRunner.run(PipeMapRunner.java:34)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:429)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:162)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:157)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Helen David

Error 126 is an application runtime error. Usually this error occurs while an application tries to regain the information from a specific DLL file but this file does not exist anymore on your computer.

– Recover missing or deleted DLL File
    – Expand DLL file image from Windows Installation disc
    – Repair Windows Registry with PC Fresher
    – Register again the DLL File
    – Delete Registry entry related to SQL Server
    – Uninstall and reinstall the concerned program

Hope it will works for you. Thanks

Collapse

Varun Gupta
    Participant

In my scenario, I am only testing basic word count example. Can you please help in how to print to stderr logs?

Collapse

runeetv

This usually happens if you are not consuming all the input inside your streaming mapper script. Is it possible that your mapper script is exiting before consuming all input? You can try to print some logs to stderr.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)