Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Stuck at Updating Sandbox…

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jack Dong 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

future brave

Hi,

I installed VMWare and Sandbox and imported it into VMWare, followed the installation instructions.

When I am running the Sandbox in VMWare, following lines get printed in VMWare

Starting atd:
    Starting startup_script…
    Updating IP…
    Updating sandbox…

After this it is stuck, waited for about 1 hr, no progress still…

What could be the problem and how can I fix this? Please suggest

Thanks and Regards

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Jack Dong

Thank you very much, Cheryle. This fixed my problem. I unplugged the network cable, and the installation passed the updated issue.
    Jack

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi

Thanks for your patience in trying to get the Sandbox running. The Sandbox pulls updates from GitHub upon startup. There have been service outages at GitHub that may have affected your updates (outages on May 29, May 30, June 2 –https://status.github.com/messages) .

If you have gone through the steps to reimport the Sandbox are are still having issues getting the Sandbox to update, please try disabling internet connections and see if that will get you past the update issue.

Thanks again

Cheryle

Collapse

Jack Dong

Thanks Sasha. I did exactly what you said; but still no luck.

Collapse

Sasha J

Jack,
    I think the best will be:
    1. delete you current broken sandbox
    2. import it again as new
    3. make sure you have both network adapters set correctly (on os host-only, another one is NAT)
    4. start sandbox

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Jack Dong

Thanks Ted. I reloaded the VM and set the network settings following you instruction; but it still stucted on “Updating sandbox…”. Waht else should I look at?
    Jack

Collapse

tedr

Hi Jack,

There should be two network adapters in the sandbox, the first should be set to “birdged adapter” and pointed top the network adapter on your host computer that connects to the internet, the second should be set to ‘host only’.

thanks
    Ted

Collapse

Jack Dong

Hi,
    I am using VirtualBox, and stucking on the same stage. I changed the netwok adapter to NAT; but still no luck. Is anyone ever having the same problem?
    Thanks.

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi,

thanks for using Hortonworks Sandbox and letting us know that issue is fixed.

Seth

Collapse

future brave

Its working. I think problem is with Network Adapter. There were two Network Adapters with Host Only. Re imported and changed one Network Adapter to NAT and started working. Thanks….

Collapse

future brave

Usually how much time does it take to update the sandbox and give the IP address which can be used. My RAM is of 4 GB.

Collapse

future brave

Thanks for giving reply.
    Version of VMWare which I am using is 5.0.2 build-1031769. VMWare logs is empty. I am not able to find anything there.
    I tried importing again. Still same issue.

Thanks

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please let us know which VMWare product you installed and which OS system you are using. If you have other VMs installed, can you please check if they work correctly? You can also try to check on what went wrong in VMware logs. You can also try to re-import Sandbox and see if this resolves your issue.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)