Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Stuck on "Cluster uninstallation failed" after an interrupted installation.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Petr Babkin 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Petr Babkin

HDP services were in the process of installing when suddenly the computer from which I ran the installation through the browser went to the blue screen of death (probably because of some other application running – it’s such a buggy laptop anyway). If I am not mistaking, it was only the cluster installation phase (first in the long list). After the reboot, HMC prompted to undergo uninstallation, but failed on some of the components (I don’t remember which one in the middle of the list), which I suspect has not got to get installed in the first place. I briefly skipped all that hoping that it will let me to re-install. The logs, I glanced at, were pretty empty, like:
    “PUPPET_OPERATION_SUCCEEDED”: []
    },
    “nodeLogs”: []
    },
    “56″: {
    “nodeReport”: [],
    },
    “123″: {
    },
    “124″: {
    }
    }

And that’s all. After that HMC only shows the “Cluster uninstallation failed
    Failed to uninstall the cluster. View the troubleshooting guide.” face and shows no more buttons.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Petr Babkin

Installed the pre-configured HDP VM image – just works.

Collapse

Sasha J

if you still have issues – it may be quicker for you to try CentOS 5.8

Collapse

Sasha J

can you try this:

yum install -y hadoop hadoop-libhdfs.x86_64 hadoop-native.x86_64 hadoop-pipes.x86_64 hadoop-sbin.x86_64 hadoop-lzo hadoop hadoop-libhdfs.x86_64 hadoop-native.x86_64 hadoop-pipes.x86_64 hadoop-sbin.x86_64 hadoop-lzo hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin hadoop-lzo hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin hadoop-lzo hadoop hadoop-libhdfs.x86_64 hadoop-native.x86_64 hadoop-pipes.x86_64 hadoop-sbin.x86_64 hadoop-lzo hadoop hadoop-libhdfs hadoop-native hadoop-pipes hadoop-sbin hadoop-lzo zookeeper zookeeper hbase hbase hbase mysql-server hive mysql-connector-java hive hcatalog oozie.noarch extjs-2.2-1 oozie-client.noarch pig.noarch sqoop mysql-connector-java templeton templeton-tar-pig-0.0.1.14-1 templeton-tar-hive-0.0.1.14-1 templeton hdp_mon_dashboard hdp_mon_nagios_addons nagios-3.2.3 nagios-plugins-1.4.9 fping net-snmp-utils ganglia-gmetad-3.2.0 ganglia-gmond-3.2.0 gweb hdp_mon_ganglia_addons ganglia-gmond-3.2.0 gweb hdp_mon_ganglia_addons snappy snappy-devel lzo lzo lzo-devel lzo-devel

Collapse

Petr Babkin

It worked, however I’ve still got an error saying:

“2”: {
    “nodeReport”: {
    “PUPPET_KICK_FAILED”: [],
    “PUPPET_OPERATION_FAILED”: [
    "centos57"
    ],
    “PUPPET_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT”: [
    "centos57"
    ],
    “PUPPET_OPERATION_SUCCEEDED”: []
    },

Collapse

Petr Babkin

Thanks, I’ll try that. I just thought it could be fixed by clearing some locks.

Collapse

Sasha J

Hi Petr,

you may have to uninstall hmc and reinstall it to clear that error

-Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)