Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Suggestion new tutorial

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I have a suggestion for another tutorial.

I did all the tutorial except for the last one (for Mac). And what I learned is that there is still a lot of work to make it userfriendly. Log are not really readable for anyone who is used to work with just interface. And the interface are limited for the moment in functionality.

So it will mostly be persons with some kind of background in IT that will follow those tutorials. To continue further in this the interface is just too limited at the moment. So the suggestion is to make a tutorial about command line commandos.
    Make a tutorial where files are uploaded using the hadoop command. Explain what you can do with this command.

Or can make a mix between interface and command line.

I had troubles uploading a file to the virtual machine. I had no drives shared, USB did not work, …. So what I did is I uploaded the file through the tutorial interface. Next I logged in to the virtual machine as root and started searching for those files but had no luck finding them. That is when I learned about the hadoop fs command..

Would have been nice if that was explained in a tutorial.

best regards,

Wim

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it along.

The ‘hadoop fs’ commands as well as a lot more explained quite well in ‘Hadoop the Definitive Guide’.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)