Home Forums Oozie Table not found issue with Hive + Oozie

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tanzir 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tanzir
    Participant

Hello all,
    I have used Hive with Oozie without any issues. But since yesterday I’m facing an issue which I haven’t figured out yet. The error I’m getting now is “table not found” and I know it happens when Oozie failed to locate/work remote metastore. I faced this issue last year also and just copying the hive-site.xml file with job-xml tag resolved that problem. I did that here too but still facing the same problem.

Based on http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/Hive-Action-Failing-in-Oozie-td4004208.html, it looks like “FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10001]: Table not found” error message is ambiguous and doesn’t give much insight.

So I’m wondering is there anyone faced the same issue and did something else to resolve it? Is there any way I can check hive remote metastore is working as expected? I’m running this on HDP 1.3.2.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Table not found issue with Hive + Oozie’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Tanzir
    Participant

Hi Yi,
    Thanks a lot for your response. I did figure it out. Actually the error message “FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10001]: Table not found” was misleading. I had some jar files (used by my MapReduce job) in the classpath which hadoop didn’t like. One of them was old version of thrift. After I used a different version of thrift (libthrift-0.9.0.jar) it worked.

Thanks again.

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Tanzir,

Have you tried other tables, updated database connection jar in the oozie share lib? changed hive-site.xml file?

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)