Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation .tar file of Repository is does not contain all files needed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hesam Hashemi 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am using ambari to setup a cluster of hadoop.In order to install hadoop components on systems,I wanted to set a local repository based on these instructions.
    I downloaded the tar files mentioned there for centOS 6.

my problem is that:
    The HDP tar file which is available for download doesn’t have GA subdirectory.
    here is the link: http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos5/HDP-1.3.2.0-centos5-rpm.tar.gz

In section 4.3.1.2 of tutorial above,the instruction #6 letter c:
    The hdp.repo file is shown.
    My extracted HDP tar file only includes the path: “HDP/centos6/1.x/updates”
    and there isn’t any path named :”HDP/centos6/1.x/GA” :(

how can I handle this problem?
    is /GA path important? if not,how should I change the hdp.repo file,to avoid any problems?
    or the problem is with that tar file?

tnx in advance ;-)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi Dave,
    I wrote the wrong link in the question.in fact,I downloaded the file for centos6,but they dont contain the subdirectories “GA” and “Updates” together.
    I used the oldest package I could that contained both subdirectories mentioned earlier.It was package 1.2.1.
    I faced some problems I have mentioned in other thread.(a thread named: “Confirming and registering hosts fails”)
    I would be glad if you could help me out solving that problem ;-)
    tnx.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Hesam,

The link you provided is for centos5 and not 6.
    Just ensure you have the 3 files from the documentation for 1.3.2 on centos6 and that will be enough to install the HDP stack.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)