HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

.tar file of Repository is does not contain all files needed

I am using ambari to setup a cluster of hadoop.In order to install hadoop components on systems,I wanted to set a local repository based on these instructions.
    I downloaded the tar files mentioned there for centOS 6.

my problem is that:
    The HDP tar file which is available for download doesn’t have GA subdirectory.
    here is the link: http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos5/HDP-1.3.2.0-centos5-rpm.tar.gz

In section 4.3.1.2 of tutorial above,the instruction #6 letter c:
    The hdp.repo file is shown.
    My extracted HDP tar file only includes the path: “HDP/centos6/1.x/updates”
    and there isn’t any path named :”HDP/centos6/1.x/GA” :(

how can I handle this problem?
    is /GA path important? if not,how should I change the hdp.repo file,to avoid any problems?
    or the problem is with that tar file?

tnx in advance 😉

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi Hesam,

The link you provided is for centos5 and not 6.
    Just ensure you have the 3 files from the documentation for 1.3.2 on centos6 and that will be enough to install the HDP stack.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,
    I wrote the wrong link in the question.in fact,I downloaded the file for centos6,but they dont contain the subdirectories “GA” and “Updates” together.
    I used the oldest package I could that contained both subdirectories mentioned earlier.It was package 1.2.1.
    I faced some problems I have mentioned in other thread.(a thread named: “Confirming and registering hosts fails”)
    I would be glad if you could help me out solving that problem 😉
    tnx.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.