the account hdfs'password

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Neelakanta Kawad 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Cen Yuhai

I have installed the hdp, but I have a question that i don’t know the password ? can I change it? I want to know the hdfs’password

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

• Author
    Replies

Neelakanta Kawad
    Participant

Hi Dave
    I have installed cluster using ambari 1.6.1, I need hdfs password for copying data on to hdfs dfs -put from remote machine.
    ssh to remote machine being hdfs user need password.
    Pls let me know how to change password set by ambari to hdfs user. where NN,SN,DN,Ambari server ?? wher to do sudo ?

i tried doing sudo passowrd hdfs on NN

[hdfs@host01]$ sudo password hdfs
    [sudo] password for hdfs: **admin**
    Sorry, try again.
    [sudo] password for hdfs: **hadoop**
    Sorry, try again.
    [sudo] password for hdfs: **ambari**
    Sorry, try again.
    sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

Collapse

Rupert Bailey
    Participant

Cen,

I had the same concern, Ambari does not give you an opportunity to enter the hfds password, so I assume the user is created without a password and afterwards you need to “sudo passwd hdfs” and choose something memorable. I’ve had a look and it doesn’t seem to break anything as hdfs runs the rest of the time with trust.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Cen,

Did you install via Ambari, did you install the sandbox?
    As you can log into your machine as root, then you can change the password of hdfs, or just sudo the commands.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.