The password of user hdfs

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Wang Cong
    Participant

When the ambari is installed, many users are created, one of these users is HDFS User(hdfs). Does anyone know the password of the user hdfs? Thanks a lot.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Wang,

There is no password for the hdfs user. You should use root and use sudo or su.
    If you need to transfer files, then you should create a user with a password and put them into the hadoop group.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Neelakanta Kawad
    Participant

Hi Wang
    iam also looking for hdfs user password in amabri installed cluster.

i wrote a script which writes data from remote machine to hdfs which needs hdfsuser password while ssh.
    did find an answer for hdfs, yarn,pig,hive users password???

Thanks
    Neel

Collapse

Wang Cong
    Participant

Hi, Robert, thanks for your reply. In my application, I wanna to transfer files on data node’s local system to name node’s local system. I use Ganymed SSH-2 for java to realize the function, but it needs the password of the user hdfs.

Collapse

Robert Molina

Hi Wang,
    What are you actually trying to do ? If you are logged into a node within the cluster that is root, you should just be able to do an su to hdfs.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.