Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems.

I am trying to install sandbox on my Dell Laptop. But while booting up guest OS, I get “This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.” error.

My PC configuration is as follows :

Processor : Intel Core 2 duo 2.13GHz
    RAM : 4 GB

I am using VMWare workstation 8.0

This sandbox thing wont work on this configuration also or what? Can I get 32 bit version of this sandbox?

Request someone to please shed some light on this thing…

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Seth Lyubich

Hi Chandrashekhar,

This issue most likely caused because virtualization technology is not enabled in your BIOS. Pleaser try the following:

– Restart you computer and enter BIOS
    – Move to “system Configuration”
    – Change the value of Virtualization Technology to enabled

Hope this helps,

Hi Seth,

Thanks for your reply. I tried those steps but there’s no “Virtualization Technology” option in BIOS settings of my machine.

Is there any other way out?

Cheryle Custer

Hi Chandrashekhar,

You may want to check with your company’s IT department — some companies have disabled virtualization as a corporate standard. Without the BIOS being enabled for virtualization, you will not be able to use the Sandbox.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.