Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cheryle Custer 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

I am trying to install sandbox on my Dell Laptop. But while booting up guest OS, I get “This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.” error.

My PC configuration is as follows :

Processor : Intel Core 2 duo 2.13GHz
    RAM : 4 GB

I am using VMWare workstation 8.0

This sandbox thing wont work on this configuration also or what? Can I get 32 bit version of this sandbox?

Request someone to please shed some light on this thing…

thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Cheryle Custer

Hi Chandrashekhar,

You may want to check with your company’s IT department — some companies have disabled virtualization as a corporate standard. Without the BIOS being enabled for virtualization, you will not be able to use the Sandbox.

Regards,

Cheryle

Collapse

Hi Seth,

Thanks for your reply. I tried those steps but there’s no “Virtualization Technology” option in BIOS settings of my machine.

Is there any other way out?

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Chandrashekhar,

This issue most likely caused because virtualization technology is not enabled in your BIOS. Pleaser try the following:

– Restart you computer and enter BIOS
    – Move to “system Configuration”
    – Change the value of Virtualization Technology to enabled

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)