Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox *.tmp file when uploading data

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arun Kumar Balachandran 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sorry if this is a duplicate post – I’m having trouble finding the forum search today.

I’ve tried to upload some files and ran into cases where it looks like the files are uploading however once the upload completes there is a file populated in the File Browser with the name of the file that I was uploading, 0 bytes and the name is FILENAME.txt.tmp.

Some files have uploaded without issue but these smaller files are doing this.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Hi,

I am also facing a similar issue when dropping a file from talend studio to sandbox. The file got created in sandbox but was 0 bytes. As per Sasha it could be a probable HDFS problem. May be due to disk space or due to datanode not running. How does the curly braces were formed when uploading the file ?

Regards
    Arun

Collapse

Sasha J

Orrin,
    thank you for your research!
    I will file the bug about this.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

It seems to happen with either. I have tested initially with small files around 8KB in size and now with larger files about 18.8 MB in size.

I think I found my solution. The files were named like this:
    {E248CC6E-4E4F-4D1C-A7EF-63862D89D8A5}.eml
    {00A63CAF-C350-4C41-A912-B73D7951AB5F}.eml

I changed them to
    SMALL.EML
    LARGER.EML

E248CC6E-4E4F-4D1C-A7EF-63862D89D8A5,eml also works.

And then they upload and are viewable using File Browser.

Where do I file a bug about the {} characters in the filename causing this issue?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Orrin,

To help me track down the possible causes of this problem, what are the sizes of the files that have this problem? Is it only smaller files?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)