Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Trying to install HDP on a node

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

alex Gordon

I went through the process of manually installing ambari (not through SSH, because I couldnt get keyless to work) and everything installed OK, except for HIVE and GANGLIA.

I got this message:

stderr:
    None
    stdout:
    warning: Unrecognised escape sequence ‘\;’ in file /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hive/manifests/hive/service_check.pp at line 32
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $configuration is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive::Hive::Service_check/File[/tmp/hiveserver2Smoke.sh]/ensure: defined content as ‘{md5}7f1d24221266a2330ec55ba620c015a9′
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive::Hive::Service_check/File[/tmp/hiveserver2.sql]/ensure: defined content as ‘{md5}0c429dc9ae0867b5af74ef85b5530d84′
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hcat::Hcat::Service_check/File[/tmp/hcatSmoke.sh]/ensure: defined content as ‘{md5}bae7742f7083db968cb6b2bd208874cb’
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hcat::Hcat::Service_check/Exec[hcatSmoke.sh prepare]/returns: 13/06/25 03:11:56 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hcat::Hcat::Service_check/Exec[hcatSmoke.sh prepare]/returns: FAILED: SemanticException org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.SemanticException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hcat::Hcat::Service_check/Exec[hcatSmoke.sh prepare]/returns: 13/06/25 03:12:06 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hcat::Hcat::Service_check/Exec[hcatSmoke.sh prepare]/returns: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10001]: Table not found hcatsmokeida8c07401_date102513
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hcat::Hcat::Service_check/Exec[hcatSmoke.sh prepare]/returns: 13/06/25 03:12:15 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hcat::Hcat::Service_check/Exec[hcatSmoke.sh prepare]/returns: FAILED: SemanticException o

When i go to the alerts and health checks i’m getting this:

ive Metastore status check
    CRIT for 42 minutes
    CRITICAL: Error accessing hive-metaserver status [13/06/25 03:44:06 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect.

What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Alex,
    take a loom here: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.3.0/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap1-5.html
    YOu should follow prerequisites and you should use some “real”: IP address adn some “real” name for the node, not 127.0.0.1 and localhost….

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

alex Gordon

Seth – are you able to do a teamviewer meeting now to take a look?

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Do you have other services running correctly in the cluster? One thing I noticed that you are using 127.0.0.1, and wanted to check if you configured name resolution with non-localhost IPs in the cluster.

Also, based on the error – Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient, please make sure that Hive bits installed on client node, and that MySQL driver is setup and configured.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

alex Gordon

I actually thought it was because the name node is in safe mode when there’s only 1 slave node?

To install we had to do a manual install with rpm (not ssh).

1. Then I went to 127.0.0.1 on the server and logged in with admin/admin.
    2. I used all default settings and installed the entire package hdfs, mapreduce, ganglia, hive etc…
    3. There were errors with installing HCAT and HIVE i think.

Collapse

Sasha J

Error is:
    notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-hcat::Hcat::Service_check/Exec[hcatSmoke.sh prepare]/returns: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10001]: Table not found hcatsmokeida8c07401_date102513

I think your metastore schema was not created for some reasons.
    Could you please outline steps you use to install the cluster?
    Are you use existing MySQL installation?

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)