Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Tutorial 1 upload zipped file issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Salam ELIAS

Hi, I started reading tutorial 1, downloaded the zipped file NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz, when I go to Upload >> Files or Zip File > select file or Upload a zip file, I chose the mentioned file, I have a dialog box indicating
    “Uploading to: /user/hue
    or
    Uploading to: /user/hue
    The file will then be extracted in the path specified above.”

And nothing happens, no progress meter …..since yesterday evening

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Salam,

You can download Chrome or Firefox and use this.
    As suggested in this thread IE 10 is not supported by the sandbox.

Let me know how you get on,

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Salam ELIAS

Yes, it is IE 10 that ships with win 2k12 and this is thje reason why I opened the thread earlier

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/sandox-on-hyper-v-2012/

to connect from my desktop or laptop where I have browsers on each one but did not get the right help and really dont know how to access th sandbox from another machione

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Salam,

Which version of IE are you using? Sandbox does not support IE10. Can you try another browser? Chrome, Firefox?

Collapse

Salam ELIAS

Cheryle, I don’t use Safari on my hyper-V machine, I am using Internet Explorer. I rebooted the sandbox, it diod not help

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi Salam,

Please try “Upload Files” as the option and see if that works. I was able to make that work on the Sandbox 2.0. For some reason the Upload Zip file did not work. There is a known issue when using Safari — that when you download the zip file, it uncompresses the file. In order to work around that, you need to change the preferences to General->uncheck “Open “safe” files after downloading”.

If Uploading Files doesn’t work, please try rebooting your VM.

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)