Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Tutorial w/o Virtual environment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike McConnell 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Greeting to all,

Background:
    I just attended some meetups and the hadoop summit and liked what I saw. I talked with Justin at the verticals session and would like to run thru the tutorials. I’ve installed a couple Hadoop systems for a couple of customers – all of which are new to hadoop. All installs have been from bare metal using rpms or the “C” guys tool. I’m new to ambari and will be using it to install HDP 1.3 on my lab machines as it looks compelling. I’d like to go this direction in the future as it saves a lot of time and grief in setup.

Question:
    I have several servers I can re-format w/fresh CentOS and load from ground up. I strongly prefer this as this is what I normally need to do. Virtual installs are great to play with but the environments I’m in are always dedicated (so far). Thus I would like to know if and where I can get just the tutorials so I can run them on my shinny new proof of concept cluster (when I get it running in the next couple of days). If no other choice I suppose I could “extract” them from the sandbox download but I’m hoping there is a cleaner way.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Thanks for the tip Ted and Thank you Cheryle for the help. I’ll drop a note as you mentioned.

Mike

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi Mike,

We’re working on a way to show them in GitHub. In the meantime, can you please email me directly at hwsandbox at hortonworks dot com ? Let me know which tutorials you are interested in and I’ll see what I can do to help you before the GitHub view is ready.

Cheryle

Collapse

tedr

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately extracting them from the Sandbox is the cleanest way to run them outside the Sandbox. You should note that you will also need to install Hue on your cluster to run the tutorials.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)