Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Unable to configure the Hortonworks ODBC Driver

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am trying to configure and connect the ODBC Driver 32 bit. I was able to successfully download the software. However, when I go to configure via the Control Panel, I do have the Data Source options via the Systems DSN. I have Excel 2013 and also running the sandbox as well. I have screen shots if that is helpful.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Andrew,

What happens when you try the 64 bit driver?
    Also if you configure the ODBC connection in the ODBC connections for windows, does the driver appear there?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

I had the same problem when configuring ODBC data sources through the Windows control panel. I’m using 64-bit windows and the 32-bit Hortonworks ODBC driver.

I configured ODBC via the Start menu: Start -> Hortonworks Hive ODBC Driver 1.2 (32-bit) -> 32-bit ODBC Administrator. The user guide installation instructions cover this.

Collapse

Having the same issue trying to configure ODBC driver to Sandbox VM, but connection test failed:
    In ODBC ADMIN port is 10000 and I can telnet to that port:

Driver Version: V1.2.0.1005
    Running connectivity tests…
    Attempting connection
    Failed to establish connection
    SQLSTATE: HY000[Hortonworks][Hardy] (22) Error from ThriftHiveClient: ETIMEDOUT
    TESTS COMPLETED WITH ERROR.

Collapse

I was able to fix the issue by using the 64 bit version. I was trying to complete Tutorial 7: Installing and Configuring the Hortonworks OBDC driver on Windows 7.

Collapse

Sasha J

Eric,
    it is not clear on what you are trying to do.
    Hortonworks’s ODBC driver suppose to be used for Hive Server connectivity, so connecting to Sandbox.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)