The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

Ambari Forum

Unable to connect to Ambari Browser

kaya_roti

Hi all,

I am using CentOS 6.4 in VirtualBox but I was not able to connect to Ambari Browser. I use bridged network and have access to internet. I tried both “localhost” and my ip address but to no avail. Hope anyone can help me on this.

Thanks,
    kaya_roti

• Author
    Replies
    tedr

Hi Kaya_roti,

Assuming that this is an attempt to install HDP, what are the contents of your /etc/hosts file in the vm, the /etc/sysconfig/network file in the vm, the output of ‘hostname -f’ on your Virtual machine? Were you trying to connect to the ambari server from the host computer or a browser inside the VM? Which ip address were you using, the host’s ip address or the vm’s? it should be the vm’s.

Thanks,
    Ted.

kaya_roti

I am using firefox within the vm to access Ambari Browser. I set 2 network adapters, one is NAT (ip adsress is 10.0.2.15) while the other is Host-Only adapter (ip address is 192.168.56.101). My hostname -f is ambarimaster.

My /etc/hosts:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    10.0.2.15 ambarimaster
    192.168.56.101 ambarimaster
    192.168.1.103 hdpslave1
    192.168.1.104 hdpslave2

My /etc/sysconfig/network:
    HOSTNAME=ambarimaster

If I were to connect from the host computer, how should I configure my host computer’s network?

Cheers,
    kaya_roti

kaya_roti

I recreated my VM, redo everything from scratch and I can now connect to my Ambari Browser.

tedr

Hi Kaya,

the contents of your /etc/hosts file may be the root of your problems in your other post. int /etc/hosts there should be only one ip for each hostname. If there are more than one ip for a host name the system will get confused as to which ip to use. a computer can have two ips, but it should have a different hostname for each ip. Also the hostname used by hadoop/Ambari needs to be the hostname returned by the ‘hostname -f’ command.

thanks,
    Ted.

The forum ‘Ambari’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.