Home Forums Ambari Unable to connect to Ambari Browser

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

kaya_roti

Hi all,

I am using CentOS 6.4 in VirtualBox but I was not able to connect to Ambari Browser. I use bridged network and have access to internet. I tried both “localhost” and my ip address but to no avail. Hope anyone can help me on this.

Thanks,
    kaya_roti

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Kaya,

the contents of your /etc/hosts file may be the root of your problems in your other post. int /etc/hosts there should be only one ip for each hostname. If there are more than one ip for a host name the system will get confused as to which ip to use. a computer can have two ips, but it should have a different hostname for each ip. Also the hostname used by hadoop/Ambari needs to be the hostname returned by the ‘hostname -f’ command.

thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

kaya_roti

I recreated my VM, redo everything from scratch and I can now connect to my Ambari Browser.

Collapse

kaya_roti

I am using firefox within the vm to access Ambari Browser. I set 2 network adapters, one is NAT (ip adsress is 10.0.2.15) while the other is Host-Only adapter (ip address is 192.168.56.101). My hostname -f is ambarimaster.

My /etc/hosts:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    10.0.2.15 ambarimaster
    192.168.56.101 ambarimaster
    192.168.1.103 hdpslave1
    192.168.1.104 hdpslave2

My /etc/sysconfig/network:
    HOSTNAME=ambarimaster

If I were to connect from the host computer, how should I configure my host computer’s network?

Cheers,
    kaya_roti

Collapse

tedr

Hi Kaya_roti,

Assuming that this is an attempt to install HDP, what are the contents of your /etc/hosts file in the vm, the /etc/sysconfig/network file in the vm, the output of ‘hostname -f’ on your Virtual machine? Were you trying to connect to the ambari server from the host computer or a browser inside the VM? Which ip address were you using, the host’s ip address or the vm’s? it should be the vm’s.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)