Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Unable to Install HDP on AWS EC2 – Not enough space in Root directory

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Anupam Gupta
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to install Hadoop (HDP) on an EC2 instance (running CentOS 6). I have chosen everything from micro to x-large instance, but I keep running out of space during the installation. I have tried adding extra volumes of 12GB or more but nothing happens. This is because by default the program is installed in the root directory which is always 6GB whether running a micro instance or an x-large and everything in between.

I am not sure how to install any program which is going to take more than 6GB of space.
    Please help me.

Thanks,
    Vedant

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Anupam,

How do you mean a dedicated virtual server?
    You can install HDP on a Virtual Machine on an ESX box which you can then connect into – the instructions can be found at docs.hortonworks.com

I dont really understand what you are asking though,

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Anupam Gupta
    Participant

Hi All,
    Thanks for your valuable response Dave and Yi.
    I have one more query, Can I install HDP 1.3 on a dedicated virtual server instead of cloud server(EC2).
    If it is possible How can we do that kindly provide some links of info regarding this.

Thanks In advance,
    Anupam

Collapse

Dave

Hi Anupam,

This looks very similar to Nitin’s issue – he posted under your login.
    I would suggest fixing the partition on your EC2 instance and then revisit the installation.
    We would usually recommend 20GB free space at least.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Anupam Gupta
    Participant

Hi Yi,
    I am trying to install Ambari 1.3.0. The Ambari installation goes through, however the instance runs out of space after the installation and stops working. ON the Ambari console, I received an error message “Mapreduce local directory is full”. After a while I could not even log onto the instance using Putty or the browser and got an error saying “Unexpected response from the server”. I am using CentOS 6.0 x86_64 (ami-697bae00).

Thanks,
    Vedant

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Anupam,

Are you installing ambari 1.2.5.x? Do you mean the installation fail or it fails after installation because disks space run out? What is the steps and the error message?

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)