Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Unable to install Sandbox

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Carter Shanklin 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I downloaded Oracle Virtual Box (4.2.12) and Hortonworks Sandox (1.2) and tried to do the installation.

Both my OS and processor can support VM.

I set up the network adapter 1 as ‘NAT’ and 2 as ‘Host-Only’ per in the instructions manual.

But the installation of the Sandbox is not successful. The VM just hangs in the ‘Updating the Sandbox’ step and it always fails in the ‘SSHD Start’ process while boot up.

I was not able to find the exact solution for this issue in this forum, hence I am posting this.

Please assist. Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Carter Shanklin
    Participant

Arun try the 1.3 sandbox version, the update process should not hang anymore for anyone and we have removed the secondary interface. Hopefully this will give better compatibility.

Collapse

Sasha J

Arun,
    are you able to use Sandbox now?
    If yes, then you can ignore sshd failure.
    However, this is not normal and need to be investigated.
    Try to login to the Sandbox and start sshd manually, and check for the error messages.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Hi Cheryle,

Thanks. I switched the network adapters and was able to complete the installation.

But still the ‘SSHD start’ process shows as failed in boot up. Is this fine?

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi Arun,

Please switch the network adapters. Adapter 1 should be Host-only, Adapter 2 should be NAT.

If you still experience issues, disconnect from any network and try booting the Sandbox without a network connection. Upon start up the Sandbox updates the tutorial information and there can be issues with firewalls.

Cheryle

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)