Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Unable to login to Sandbox using winscp

Hi all,

I have been trying to login to the sandbox using winscp through following credentials:
    Host name: 127.0.0.1
    Port: 2222
    User name: root

But it is not logging me in. I would really appreciate your help. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi Sarvesh,

If you are running the VM in VMWare in windows then it will possibly take a 192 address (depending on how it is configured)
    Your best option would be to use the console, log in there and then check ifconfig.

Thanks

Dave

I tried using the 192 address too, but it still says host does not exist.

I was able to login to winscp with the 192. ip address and make sure to use default port number in winscp, which was 22 not 2222.

It works for me.

Mahendran Ponnusamy
    Participant

change the network adapter to “Bridged adapter” and restart the sandbox. login and get the ipaddress of the sandbox [hostname -i]. Now, try connect thru wincscp, it shld work

Muralidharan George
    Participant

Hi

I am also facing the same problem. How do you connect to the Horton Works sandbox using Winscp? Can anyone help me with the step by step instructions?
    Thanks.

Muralidharan George
    Participant

Also, I followed Mahendran Ponnusamy’s reply, still not able to connect thru Winscp….can someone help me?

Muralidharan George
    Participant

Hi

I got into HortonWorks Sandbox to connect thru WinScp. It should be in SCP mode.
    Thanks.

The topic ‘Unable to login to Sandbox using winscp’ is closed to new replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.