Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Unable to run Sandbox 2.0 on Windows 7 32 bit

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeevan Rag 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jeevan Rag

Am unable to run the Sandbox 2.0 on Windows 7 32 Bit OS. Facing error stating – This kernel requires an X86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot- please use a Kernel appropriate to your CPU.

Please share steps on how to resolve

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Unable to run Sandbox 2.0 on Windows 7 32 bit’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Jeevan Rag

Thanks Dave for the suggestion. I understand that the Sandbox would perform better against 64 Bit OS. In my case am holding and 64 Bit compatible Processor however the OS is 32 Bit.

The above issue was caused because I modified the OS selection in the Virtual box from RedHat Linux 64 Bit to Windows 7. Once I retained the original default option which virtualbox is placing on the Sandbox I was able to load and access Hortonworks Sandbox on by 32 Bit Windows 7 OS. However it seems that the underlying processor should be 64 Bit compatible for this to run.

Thanks again for the support

Collapse

Dave

Hi Jeevan,

The sandbox requires 4GB of RAM, as you are running a 32 bit system you will be limited to 3.25GB
    You should be running the sandbox on a 64 bit system.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)