Home Forums HBase Unable to start HBase Master after install HDP 1.3 for Windows

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sunil Kumar Chakrapani 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mo Lin
    Participant

After install HDP 1.3 for Windows on my laptop (OS, Windows 8), executed “start_local_hdp_services.cmd”, but failed to start HBase master service and regionserver with below error. tried to check log at “C:\hdp\hadoop\hbase-0.94.6.1.3.0.0-0380\logs” but nothing there. please advise how to troubleshooting this issue.
    Start-Service : Service ‘Apache Hadoop Hbase master (master)’ cannot be started due to the following error: Cannot
    start service master on computer ‘.’.
    At C:\hdp\hadoop\manage_local_hdp_services.ps1:77 char:16
    + $foo = Start-Service -Name $serviceName.Name -ErrorAction Continue
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service],
    ServiceCommandException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStartService,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand

starting regionserver
    Start-Service : Service ‘Apache Hadoop Hbase regionserver (regionserver)’ cannot be started due to the following
    error: Cannot start service regionserver on computer ‘.’.
    + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service],
    ServiceCommandException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStartService,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

– I faced similar issue on multiple machine, windows 8.1 and Windows 2012, Unable to start HBase service getting following error
    — this is because on empty Master.xml file under “C:\hdp\hadoop\hbase-0.94.6.1.3.0.0-0380\bin”
    — I guess the developer missed to update this file :D

starting master
    Start-Service : Service ‘Apache Hadoop Hbase master (master)’ cannot be started due to the following error: Cannot start service master on computer ‘.’.
    + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service], ServiceCommandException

starting metastore
    starting namenode
    starting oozieservice
    starting regionserver
    Start-Service : Service ‘Apache Hadoop Hbase regionserver (regionserver)’ cannot be started due to the following error: Cannot start service regionserver on computer ‘.’.
    + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service], ServiceCommandException

starting secondarynamenode

—- All other Hadoop services start successfully without any error
    —- Following entry is from “master.trace.log”

HadoopServiceTraceSource Information: 0 : Tracing successfully initialized
    DateTime=2013-11-22T08:58:58.8246368Z
    Timestamp=613605538854
    HadoopServiceTraceSource Information: 0 : Loading service xml: C:\hdp\hadoop\hbase-0.94.6.1.3.0.0-0380\bin\master.xml
    DateTime=2013-11-22T08:58:58.8402481Z
    Timestamp=613605547167
    HadoopServiceTraceSource Error: 0 : Failed to parse the service xml with exceptionSystem.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
    at HadoopServiceHost.ServiceHost.InitInternal(String fileName)
    DateTime=2013-11-22T08:58:58.9339998Z
    Timestamp=613605890881

— Found C:\hdp\hadoop\hbase-0.94.6.1.3.0.0-0380\bin\master.xml is empty
    Hey Hortonworks can you share this MASTER.XML file plz…

Collapse

Mo Lin
    Participant

No, as all HBase configuration XMLs are corruptted (0 byte), changing path won’t get them back. you either copy them from a existed good installation, or simply resinatll HDP

Collapse

Devaraj Das
    Participant

Unless I am missing something, the person who reported the problem says that after doing some configuration path changes, things have started working? Is that right?

Collapse

Mo Lin
    Participant

forgot to mention thrift2.xml and rest.xml

Collapse

Mo Lin
    Participant

Jan, the problem still remains. I read other posts, and looks like the problem is relevant to system path “C:\Program Files (x86)\..”, master.xml and regionserver.xml configuration files are not copied correctly. In order to make it work, get to remove the installation, and clean up incompatible path viable and then reinstall HDP 1.3. As I have deployed some solutions on machine, I don’t want to try re-installation. Anyhow, this should be a installation bug of HDP 1.3
    If you can copy master.xml and regionserver.xml from another successful installation to hdp\hadoop\hbase-0.94.6.1.3.0.0-0380\bin, modify them with your current configuration, it may work.

Collapse

HDP User
    Participant

I am running into the same issue.
    Were you able to find a fix for this solution?

Collapse

abdelrahman

Hi linmo,

This looks like a Windows service issue. Please post the issue in the right section:

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/forum/hdp-for-windows/

Thanks
    -Rahman

Collapse

Jan Leonhard

Hi!

I am facing the same problem.

Did you find a solution?

Cheers

Jan

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)