Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Unable to started Hortonworks Sandbox 2.1 in Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dinesh Techy 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jagadeesh Potluri
    Participant

Hey,

When I started Hortonworks Sandbox 2.1 . It throws an error
    Error: ” this kernel requires an x86-64 cpu but only detected an i686 cpu unable to boot”

My Laptop Specs: Windows-7 (32-bit), RAM-4GB, i3 processor

Before Importing Virtual Appliances, I have selected Guest OS type as “Ubuntu” . I hope it indicates 32 bit

Note: I enabled “Intel Virtual Technology” in Bios and in Acceleration tab “Intel VT-x/AMD-V from BIOS” was checked.

Can anyone help on this issue

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dinesh Techy
    Participant

I cannot start either . Says Error relaunching process .. *!^&@^@ . Tried with VMWare and that does not work either. Didn’t realize that Hortonworks can screw up such a simple thing ! I was on cloudera and it was so straightforward. am evaluating HortonWorks for my client. But looks like Horton works is all messed up.

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

You should really run this on a system with more than 4GB of RAM. If you find it slow, then it is because you have given it less.
    You can build your own using 2GB possibly and only install the services you require as a workaround.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Jagadeesh Potluri
    Participant

Is there any other way to fix it

Collapse

Jagadeesh Potluri
    Participant

Yeah, Now I did with Red hat-64 bit.
    At the statement “Starting Sandbox…” system is not responding well(Soooo Slow). I stopped it.
    Might be because of 4GB ram i had in my laptop and i am allocating less than 4Gb for VM.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Jagadeesh,

Can you ensure on the OS you select RHEL 64 bit?
    What Virtualization software are you running, and have you looked in their documentation regarding this error?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)