Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Unable to upload using FileBrowser

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am following through the tutorial and am trying to upload the NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz file but am facing issues.
    Steps
    1. Downloaded the NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz file.
    2. Selected FileBrowser
    3. Click Upload –> Files and Select NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz file
    4. Expect a progress bar but nothing happens.

Please help as I am stuck over here and unable to progress.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Jen,

It looks like we need to investigate what’s going on with IE on windows.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

I had the same exact issue with Windows 8 and IE, swapped to Google Chrome and it uploaded right away without any issues

Collapse

Sasha J

No idea what you did wrong, it works perfectly fine for me on Mac OS X 10.7.5 with both Safari 6.0.4 and Chrome 26.0.1410.65

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Michael Cory

The upload function didn’t behave quite as described in the tutorial, but the files appear in the sandbox directory when I click the “User” column in the “File Browser” panel.

Collapse

Michael Cory

IE 8 presents this error message (I’ve masked out the url).

Line: 644
    Char: 9
    Code: 0
    URI: http://xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000/static/ext/js/fileuploader.js

Collapse

Michael Cory

I am having the same problem. I tried uploading the lahman591-csv.zip file from the Pig tutorial and got the same behavior. In both cases, the upload appears to be hung. Back in the Hue panel – the refresh icon remains active as well. – as it has been since I opened the url. Any suggestions?

Collapse

Edgar Honing

I experienced other behavior on OSX 10.8.2 using Chrome: the progress bar did show and completed fully, but NYSE-200-2001.tsv.gz did not show up in /user/sandbox. It turned out the sandbox’s namenode was in Safemode (why? for sure not a storage capacity issue: virt storage size is 16GB; actual size after upload is 4.81GB). After logging in on the sandbox and doing a ‘hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave’ trying the upload again worked fine + tabular display of data is also fine.

Collapse

Carter,
    I am using IE10 ( desktop version ) on Windows 8 and it did not work for any of the datasets. I installed chrome and it worked fine. Thanks for the help but hope it worked on IE straight away rather than having to install Chrome.

Collapse

Carter Shanklin
    Participant

Pradeep what browser are you using?

In the Pig and Hive tutorials they have you upload different files from a different dataset. Can you try these and see if these other files will upload?

Collapse
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)