Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Unable to upload using FileBrowser

I am following through the tutorial and am trying to upload the NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz file but am facing issues.
    1. Downloaded the NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz file.
    2. Selected FileBrowser
    3. Click Upload –> Files and Select NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz file
    4. Expect a progress bar but nothing happens.

Please help as I am stuck over here and unable to progress.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Carter Shanklin

Pradeep what browser are you using?

In the Pig and Hive tutorials they have you upload different files from a different dataset. Can you try these and see if these other files will upload?

I am using IE10 ( desktop version ) on Windows 8 and it did not work for any of the datasets. I installed chrome and it worked fine. Thanks for the help but hope it worked on IE straight away rather than having to install Chrome.

Edgar Honing

I experienced other behavior on OSX 10.8.2 using Chrome: the progress bar did show and completed fully, but NYSE-200-2001.tsv.gz did not show up in /user/sandbox. It turned out the sandbox’s namenode was in Safemode (why? for sure not a storage capacity issue: virt storage size is 16GB; actual size after upload is 4.81GB). After logging in on the sandbox and doing a ‘hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave’ trying the upload again worked fine + tabular display of data is also fine.

Michael Cory

I am having the same problem. I tried uploading the lahman591-csv.zip file from the Pig tutorial and got the same behavior. In both cases, the upload appears to be hung. Back in the Hue panel – the refresh icon remains active as well. – as it has been since I opened the url. Any suggestions?

Michael Cory

IE 8 presents this error message (I’ve masked out the url).

Line: 644
    Char: 9
    Code: 0
    URI: http://xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000/static/ext/js/fileuploader.js

Michael Cory

The upload function didn’t behave quite as described in the tutorial, but the files appear in the sandbox directory when I click the “User” column in the “File Browser” panel.

Sasha J

No idea what you did wrong, it works perfectly fine for me on Mac OS X 10.7.5 with both Safari 6.0.4 and Chrome 26.0.1410.65

Thank you!

I had the same exact issue with Windows 8 and IE, swapped to Google Chrome and it uploaded right away without any issues

Hi Jen,

It looks like we need to investigate what’s going on with IE on windows.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.