Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Unable to watch the Videos properly on HortonWorks Tutorial

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi everyone, recently I installed Oracle Virtual box and Sandbox on my Windows 7 64 bit. I am getting the IP address for the tutorial, but the videos there are not getting played completely. I am using Google Chrome as the browser. After a certain period of time, it stops and doesn’t go further. Is there any link to watch it on YouTube or by any other means ? Please help me with this, am trying it from past four days. Initially, I though it was due to network issue but it’s not that.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Sudhanshu,

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Thanks Paul. I will try using WinSCP too to download the files just to learn one more method.

Collapse

Paul Czarnik

I used WinSCP to log into the sandbox and simply dragged the files to my desktop.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Sudhanshu,

As far as I remember it those are the only videos which need to be moved. Also there is only one other video, but that video is not hosted on the Sandbox. It isonly those hosted on the Sandbox that have the freezing problem.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Thanks a ton to HortonWorks for keeping it OpenSource.
    I tried installing CygWin but it was taking a very long time so I tried PuTTy which was a very small executable file. Then I searched for the commands and found out pscp.exe. I copied the following five videos
    1) CoreHadoop.mp4
    2) HcatModule.mp4
    3) HiveModule.mp4
    4) IntroSandbox.mp4
    5) PigModule.mp4
    from the directory mentioned by you.
    I am curious to know are there any more videos or is it enough to start practicing on Hadoop and the associated tools ?
    Thanks again for your kind reply. It was really prompt.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Sudhanshu,

Thanks for trying the Hortonworks Sandbox.

You have bumped into a know issue. The workaround for which is to ssh into the sandbox and copy the videos to your desktop. You will also need to install putty or Cygwin to do this ssh’ing if neither of these are already installed. Any way, once you have the ability to ssh from your windows machine, log into the sandbox by opening an ssh session using the credentials username=root password= hadoop. The videos are located in /home/sandbox/sandbox-tutorials/local. If you need more help doing this don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)