Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Uninstall failed, manual deleating

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Raja Nagendra Kumar 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Raja Nagendra Kumar
    Participant

As my my uninstall was failing, I deleted all the relevant folders, logs and registry entries. However now install still says, ‘Please uninstall current HDP installation before installing HDP’. Is there a patch to do manual or force clean up all the entries, so that fresh install gets through.

In all HDP Windows is still in very premature state. Would be glad to see this improve by leaps.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Uninstall failed, manual deleating’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Raja Nagendra Kumar
    Participant

Finally got this working, searched in registry (regedit) for ‘hdp’ and deleted all relevant entries..

Collapse

Raja Nagendra Kumar
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Can you pl. let me know the list of registry entries to remove.. I did remove all the entries but it still saying the same thing.. i.e ‘Please uninstall current HDP installation before installing HDP’.

Regards,
    Nagendra

Collapse

Dave

Hi Raja,

It appears that you now have an inconsistent installation due to the manual removal of directories.
    I would suggest cleaning the registry keys – as this is where the installer is looking to check for the HDP installation.
    You can use regedit to search the registry for HDP and remove the keys.
    The uninstallation on windows is usually very good if you install / uninstall as administrator.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Raja Nagendra Kumar
    Participant

Any support for this please.. I tried to clean every where I am aware of in windows, it still says uninstall HDP..

Where all I need to delete things manually so that I can do fresh install or is it possible for HDP windows msi to force re-install/repair.

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)