Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Upgrade Hive to 0.13.1 ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dean Arnold 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dean Arnold
    Participant

Due to various issues in Hive 0.13.0, I need to upgrade 0.13.1. Is there any way to manually apply the upgrade to sandbox 2.1 ? I’ve tried just downloading the jars from apache, copying them to /usr/lib/hive/lib and redirecting the symlinks to the 0.13.1 jars, then reboot the VM, but that seems to break something related to HIVE_CBO_ENABLED (contantly throws a NoSuchField exception for any query).

If there’s no such upgrade path, can you provide a target date for a sandbox VM upgrade ? My primary need for upgrade is the fix for HIVE-6952.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dean Arnold
    Participant

Yes, I’ve worked around it. I ultimately had to implement the FileSplit and associated interfaces anyway due to other Hive dependencies. While I’ve not yet deployed to the sandbox, I have successfully deployed to the stock Hive 0.13 in a full HDP2.1 cluster.

Collapse

Gwenael Le Barzic
    Participant

Hello Dean.

Just wanted to know if you had some news about this point ?
    Did you try to install directly the 0.13.1 from the hive site ? Did you have any help from Apache community about this upgrade ?

Best regards.

Gwenael Le Barzic

Collapse

iandr413

Hi Dean,
    Unfortunately, hive 0.13.1 has not been released yet as part of our distribution. Our sandbox is updated periodically, usually when a major release is done so users can preview the newer features and changes. You may want to try and leverage the Apache community at large to obtain a patch for this. You should then be able to apply to the sandbox. I hope that helps.

Ian

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)