Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox upload not working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Test Drive
    Participant

I downloaded the sandbox, imported to VMware Player, started it, and went through the functions in the web browser. those looked fine. When I read the tutorial, tried to upload the sample data (NYSE-200-2001.tsv.gz. it failed, saying that I am not root user, something like. Please verify what I met.
    Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi,

The location: /tmp/C:\downloads\NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz

Is not a valid HDFS directory. You need to select the file you want to upload and pick the location. You do not specify C:\downloads as the location you want to upload the file to.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Test Drive
    Participant

Cannot perform operation. Note: you are a Hue admin but not a HDFS superuser (which is “hdfs”).

RemoteException: Invalid path name /tmp/C:\downloads\NYSE-2000-2001.tsv.gz at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.startFileInt(FSNamesystem.java:2022) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.startFile(FSNamesystem.java:1996) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.create(NameNodeRpcServer.java:491) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.create(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:301) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:59570) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:585) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:928) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2053) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2049) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2047) (error 403)

Collapse

Dave

Hi,

It sounds like you are trying to upload the file to a location which you dont have permission to.
    If you choose the /tmp directory in HDFS you should have no problems.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)