Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Uploading files using HCAT

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Upen Patel
    Participant

I have installed the sandbox and I am trying to upload files using the HCAT import wizard. I am able to upload some files and for a few files the wizard seems to be working but I do not see the table name in the HCAT Table List. I do not get any error message either and I am using Chrome browser. Please help. Thank you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Upen,
    is there a way for you to provide us with the logs from the Sandbox?
    Number of the fields should not be the problem, you are right.
    If files are similar on structure, they should work similarly.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Upen Patel
    Participant

Yes both files are tab delimted. The only thing is that the file that does not upload has about 80 columns whereas the one that loads has about 60 columns, but the number of columns should not be a problem. The data is similar in both the files – click stream data from the same source.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Upen,

Sorry I miscommunicated, I meant is there any commonality in the type of these files?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Upen Patel
    Participant

Thanks Ted for the response. Yes the wizard does completes the file upload and the files are from the same source.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Upen,

Thanks for using the Hortonworks Sandbox.

Is there any commonality in the files that don’t show the table? Also does the wizard complete the file upload?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)