Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Use Case Scenario for Hadoop

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sanjeev 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Abhi Abhi
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to have some expert view on the use of a Big Data platform like Hadoop in one of my project scenarios.

My apologies in advance as I am a complete novice in this technology although I understand databases like MySQL well.

We are creating a product which would be used to analyse data from social media. So the input data would be a large volume of tweets, facebook posts, user profiles, youtube data
    and data from blogs etc. On top of this I would be having a web application to help me view and analyse this data. As the requirement makes it clear, I would be needing a sort of real time system. So if I have a tweet coming in, I would like to have it available to my web app readily for processing. Batch data processing may not be a suitable choice for my application.

My question is, that is a Hadoop engine good choice for me?
    What are the parameter I should base my decision on?
    Is it also a good option to use a Multi Cluster MySQL engine as opposed to Hadoop?
    Is there any benchmarking in terms of Size and velocity of data in which Hadoop becomes a good choice?

Sorry for posting so many questions but hoping to get some good insights.

Thanks.

Cheers!
    Abhi

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)