Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Users Hosted in Winbind

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robert 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Anthony Mattas
    Participant

I’m trying to setup HDP using servers that host the usernames in Winbind. However, unfortunately when trying to install the services its unable to find those users in /etc/passwd so it won’t add them to the groups. They do show up in getent passwd however.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert
    Participant

Hi Anthony,
    In a non-secure mode cluster (default) there is no trust being formed, since the assumption the machines are behind a firewall and are on its own subnet. If you require additional security, hadoop can run also in secure mode, where kerberos is used for authentication.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Anthony Mattas
    Participant

How do nodes authenticate to each other over RPC? Is there any type of trust formed?

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Anthony,
    In regards to your question, if you are referring to Ambari, ssh is originally used to get into the nodes to install the agents. If you don’t want to enable ssh, you should be able to manually install the ambari-agents on all the nodes. Now when agents are installed, the communication between ambari-server and ambari-agent is via https. As for Hadoop components (jobtracker, namenode, datanodes, task trackers), they communicate via remote procedure calls (RPC) protocol.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Anthony Mattas
    Participant

So related question -

How does inter-node communication happen? Is it all over SSH? Originally I did Winbind to ensure I had Kerberos available.

Collapse

Sasha J

Anthony,
    Winbind if not supported in the current release.
    why not to pre-create users ahead of the installation and try installation again?
    Or, just use local users…

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)