HDP on Windows – Installation Forum

Using Azure Hortonworks, Migrating from Another platform

So my team is investigation switching from physical MapR clusters to Virtual Azure Hortonworks clusters. If anyone has had a similar experience, I’d love to hear about it. I’m a bit skeptical on how easy it will be to refactor and then migrate over, but perhaps people in this forum could shed some light on this experience for me!

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Dan Shaver

Are you looking at hosting HDP on virtual machines using IaaS? Or are you interested in using the “Hadoop as a service” offering called HDInsight?

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.