Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Using HBASE in HDP 2.0

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Juan Giraldo 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Juan Giraldo

Hi Everyone,
    I’m reading this post “Using Hive to interact with HBase, Part 2″ and I’m getting frustrated because I can’t populate the HBase table via Hive query in HDP 2.0 sandbox. I really need to get working this task and I can’t wait for a new release. So, I went to the apache bug report page and I got the HIVE-5515 patch but when I try to execute this patch in the sandbox, I’m getting the following message:

Command:
    patch -p1 < HIVE-5515.patch

Result:
    Can't find file to patch at input line 5
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p r –strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    diff –git a/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/exec/FileSinkOperator.java b/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/exec/FileSinkOperator.java
    index 7c78b38..7586ee0 100644
    — a/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/exec/FileSinkOperator.java
    +++ b/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/exec/FileSinkOperator.java
    File to patch:

if I skip these files and I execute again the hive query, I get the following known error:

Hive query:
    hive -e "FROM pgc INSERT INTO TABLE pagecounts_hbase SELECT pgc.* WHERE rowkey LIKE 'en/q%' LIMIT 10"

Log result:

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask

Does anyone know How can i get working this patch in my sandbox in order to run the hive query?

I appreciate your help!!

Thanks!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Juan Giraldo

Hi Nick and Carter,
    Definitely, I’m going to use the HDP 1.3 Sandbox.

Thank you so much!!

Collapse

Nick Dimiduk
    Participant

Hi Juan,

I’m glad you found the post helpful! I’m afraid the issue you’re facing is not addressed by patching the sandbox, but by Hive itself. You’d need to download the source of Hive 0.12.0, apply the patch, and build a new jar.

I’m pleased to see that this issue is being addressed in our next release of HDP-2.0. You should see the issue resolved in the next version of the sandbox. In the mean time, as Cater says, can you use the HDP-1.3 sandbox instead?

Thanks for your patience,
    Nick

Collapse

Carter Shanklin
    Participant

Juan can you use the HDP 1.3 Sandbox? It uses an earlier version of Hive and does not have the issue mentioned in HIVE-5515.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)