Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Virtual box Error : Non Existent host interface , name vboxnet0

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Baruch Brodersen 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi ,
    I am getting this error when i am starting sandbox on Virtual box

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Hortonworks Sandbox 1.2.

Nonexistent host networking interface, name ‘vboxnet0′ (VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0×80004005)
    Component: Console
    Interface: IConsole {1968b7d3-e3bf-4ceb-99e0-cb7c913317bb}

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Never mind. I figured it out. (I’m new to Mac OS too. (Double newbie nebik.)

Collapse

Need help. I’m getting this error too.
    Mac Book Pro, iOS 10.8.2
    Virtual Box

I am unable to configure a Host-only Network Adapter (Settings > Network). When I choose Host-only adapter from the drop-down list, Virtual Box throws an Invalid Settings Error with no way to configure the adapter. I also do not have an option to add an adapter as presented in the Installing HDP Sandbox 01_12 document.

Collapse

Kevin McGee

This is most likely because your VirtualBox configuration is incomplete. Be sure to read the HDP Sandbox instruction guide for VirtualBox where this topic is covered. It solved the same problem for me.
    (Additionally, I used a different network name for the Host Networking Interface instead of ‘vboxnet0′ and is seemed to work just fine.

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi Hussain,

Please tell us the following:

Which version of VirtualBox
    Which version of Operating System
    Browser and version

Please note that the Sandbox only runs on VirtualBox 4.2 or higher

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)