Hortonworks Sandbox Forum

Virtual Box – windows Sandbox2 seems corrupted

Sandeep KS
    Participant

Hi,

It seems, Sandbox 2 image on Oracle Virtual box 4.2+ seems corrupted, any assistance from Hortonworks is highly appreciated.

Rgds,
    Sandeep

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    iandr413

Hi Sandeep,
    What issues are you seeing that lead you to believe it is corrupted. Please copy and paste any error information if available. Thank you.

Ian

Sandeep KS
    Participant

Hi,

In Hortonworks website the size of Sandbox2 for virtual box mentioned was 2.5 GB, but when downloaded I could see that image size was just above 2GB. When I tried to download the same through the download manager, the download got corrupted, while the size of the download was 2.03 GB. I tried it multiple times, every time the download got corrupted when the downloaded image size was 2.03 GB.

When I tried to install the downloaded image, I am getting below mentioned error message.

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\15339\Downloads\Hortonworks+Sandbox+2.0+VirtualBox.ova.

Could not create the clone medium ‘C:\Users\15339\VirtualBox VMs\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’.

VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted ‘C:\Users\15339\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’ (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component: Appliance
    Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

Peter Huber
    Participant

Dear Hortonworks,
    I’m trying to download the OVB ova-File but fail to succeed as was previsously reported.
    The file content is broken and regularly stopps after 3kb or less.
    After several failures from firefox I’ve tried curl:
    curl –proxy <proxy> http://d1ekw1iaw660be.cloudfront.net/Hortonworks+Sandbox+2.0+VirtualBox.ova
    curl fails with this error message “curl: (18) transfer closed with 2525699108 bytes remaining to read”

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.