Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Virtual Box – windows Sandbox2 seems corrupted

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Huber 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Sandeep KS
    Participant

Hi,

It seems, Sandbox 2 image on Oracle Virtual box 4.2+ seems corrupted, any assistance from Hortonworks is highly appreciated.

Rgds,
    Sandeep

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Peter Huber
    Participant

Dear Hortonworks,
    I’m trying to download the OVB ova-File but fail to succeed as was previsously reported.
    The file content is broken and regularly stopps after 3kb or less.
    After several failures from firefox I’ve tried curl:
    curl –proxy <proxy> http://d1ekw1iaw660be.cloudfront.net/Hortonworks+Sandbox+2.0+VirtualBox.ova
    curl fails with this error message “curl: (18) transfer closed with 2525699108 bytes remaining to read”

Collapse

Sandeep KS
    Participant

Hi,

In Hortonworks website the size of Sandbox2 for virtual box mentioned was 2.5 GB, but when downloaded I could see that image size was just above 2GB. When I tried to download the same through the download manager, the download got corrupted, while the size of the download was 2.03 GB. I tried it multiple times, every time the download got corrupted when the downloaded image size was 2.03 GB.

When I tried to install the downloaded image, I am getting below mentioned error message.

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\15339\Downloads\Hortonworks+Sandbox+2.0+VirtualBox.ova.

Could not create the clone medium ‘C:\Users\15339\VirtualBox VMs\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’.

VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted ‘C:\Users\15339\Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’ (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component: Appliance
    Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

Collapse

iandr413

Hi Sandeep,
    What issues are you seeing that lead you to believe it is corrupted. Please copy and paste any error information if available. Thank you.

Ian

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)